Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Square Wave Inverter 12V to 120V 1KHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

drolex

Hopefully this isn't a repost.
I want to build a square wave inverter that steps up the voltage by a factor of 10 and runs at 1000 Hz. I'm hoping someone knows of a good and simple schematic. The numbers don't need to be exactly the same because I could modify the design. I'm not looking for a lot of power -- 10W peak or less will probably be fine (probably less than 1W needed).

Thanks

This is a really wierd request.

Why do you need this?

You could just use a design for 50Hz and up it to 1kHz but you'll need to change the transformer as a mains transforer probably won't cut it, a 100V audio trainsformer might be ideal.

Hi drolex,

try this. The output is accurately 50Hz and connectors X are used for the power stage. (N-channel MosFets).

The output power is determined by the number of MosFets used and the transformer capability.

If you want the full describtion please let me know. I'll have to translate it from german to english first.

Regards

Boncuk

Last edited:
Since you want 1-10 watts at 120V 1kHz, I would suggest you check **broken link removed** and see if it gives you any useful ideas. There's a little bit more info **broken link removed**.

I would agree with that but you need to make a few adjustments for 1kHz at 120V.

Can't you save yourself the trouble and buy an inverter?

Boncuk said:
try this.
Why bother posting a fuzzy schematic? It is so blurry that it can't be seen.
The problem is because you saved it as a JPG file type instead of a very clear GIF or PNG file type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back