Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

square wave and digital electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
PG, take a tip and attach your pictures here in ETO rather than with an external image host.

What is a binary 0 and what is binary 1 depends entirely on the circuit.
It could be that a +ve voltage represents a "1" or it could represent "0".

Your diagrams show the waveform going +ve and -ve, this is usually not the case within equipment where +ve and 0v are used.
However the RS232 communications standard does use +ve and -ve voltages on the communications line.

Q1, what the 2 two units and 3 units repesent is meningless without knowing the context of the waveform.

Q2, it is incorrect to speak about wavelength in relation to a waveform like this. it would be correct to talk about units of time.

JimB

PG, take a tip and attach your pictures here in ETO rather than with an external image host.

What is a binary 0 and what is binary 1 depends entirely on the circuit.
It could be that a +ve voltage represents a "1" or it could represent "0".

Your diagrams show the waveform going +ve and -ve, this is usually not the case within equipment where +ve and 0v are used.
However the RS232 communications standard does use +ve and -ve voltages on the communications line.

Q1, what the 2 two units and 3 units repesent is meningless without knowing the context of the waveform.

Q2, it is incorrect to speak about wavelength in relation to a waveform like this. it would be correct to talk about units of time.

JimB

Thank you, Jim.

I'm sorry if you had any difficulty accessing the image on an external source. Actually I have an account with the imageshack, so hosting my images there is safe and more convenient for me. It has all my images in one place. But still I would try to attach my diagrams within the posts.

Best regards
PG

Thank you, Jim.

I'm sorry if you had any difficulty accessing the image on an external source. Actually I have an account with the imageshack, so hosting my images there is safe and more convenient for me. It has all my images in one place. But still I would try to attach my diagrams within the posts.

Best regards
PG

And makes it a lot easier to post the identical questions on multiple forums, but more difficult for us who may want to reply. It seems to me the latter should take precedence over the former.

John

I won't even open imageshack. Why should I have to go to another site, then wait to load all their ads and java spam crap just to see what you're talking about?

It's like walking up to a stranger and asking for help, then telling the stranger he has to walk all the way over to the next block just to see the thing you need help with, when you could have had it in your hand all the time. Annoying. :(

Hi

@John: I don't think there is any harm in posting your questions on multiple forums unless you play off one member's reply on another and start an argument which one is correct. Even in the same thread so many different people try to solve the problem in different ways. Everyone has his own different and unique perspective. I always read everyone's reply and appreciate help and offer my thanks. Sometimes, one post is more understandable and easy for me than others, and there are times when I have to extract bits of understandable details from many posts to understand the topic under discussion. Moreover, as you can see, I'm not native English speaker so some members put things in more simple way than others. There are many benefits besides these. I hope you understand the reason now. Thanks.

@Mr RB: I posted a direct link to the imageshack. I didn't know to access the direct link you have to go thru ads etc. Did you visit the link? Please let me know if possible. And in the future I will also try to attach the diagram etc. here in the post.

Regards
PG

Last edited:
The point I was making was the same as Mr RB's. There is nothing wrong with posting on multiple forums. I don't know how you got the impression I thought there was. Your question on each forum needs to be complete within the four walls of that forum. Going to Imageshack is an inconvenience for those who may want to respond and a convenience for you only.

Sure, links are often used by everyone to avoid posting voluminous attachments, references, and materials that cannot be downloaded easily. There is a clear difference between that and having the link be the essence of your question.

John

Regarding posting links to images on sites other than this one, I'm kinda-sorta with Mr RB. It's an annoyance, not a huge one, but an annoyance nevertheless.

Especially considering that this site has excellent image-attaching capabilities. I prefer the direct approach (posting images in my albums and putting links to them in posts, so they show full-size instead of as thumbnails). You can also attach images as thumbnails using the "Go Advanced" editor. Very convenient for both author and reader.

@John: Sorry, John. I didn't mean to offend you. Actually someone else in this thread raised the point that I post in several forums. I have seen even many members here are also subscribed to other related forums too.

@carbonzit: Do they have album feature here? Actually I'm subscribed user of the imageshack and has categorized albums there. I can use tags for all the uploaded images. However, I will start learning to attach the diagrams within the four walls of the concerned forum.

Thank you.

Regards
PG

@carbonzit: Do they have album feature here?

Yes, absolutely. I'm surprised you didn't know that (but on second thought, it is buried several levels deep in a menu, so you probably wouldn't know it if you didn't go rooting around the site on your own.)

Up at the upper right, click "My Account", then select "My Albums". Click "Create New Album". You can then upload pictures to it.

To include a picture in a posting, open the picture in the album, then use the handy "BB code" link; just copy that link and paste it directly into your posting. Bingo! the picture appears.

The nice thing about album pictures is that they appear full-size in the posting, so the reader doesn't have to click on a thumbnail to see them. Therefore, you should be aware of reasonable browser-window size limitations, and not post ginormous humungous pictures that take forever to download. I try to make my schematics (.gifs, max. 16 colors) as small as possible so that components can still be seen. Have mercy on your readers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back