Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Square Wace Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael_circuit

Square Wave Oscillator

Hello all,
I'm sure this question has been answered many times here at electro-tech. I built this simple square wave generator (link provided below) and I cant seem to get amplitue to appear on my oscilloscope. I just get the baseline and leading/trailing edge to appear. so basically top and bottom but no sides.

heres is a perfect example of whats happening

https://www.amplifier.cd/Verstaerke...i_Verstaerker_Test/images/Slew_Rate_Inp_1.jpg

6v in

R1 = 100k also tried with 10k but with no success.
R2 = 100k
R3 = 100k
R4 = 100k
C1 = .01 uf

there is a 1k resistor connected to Vin. instead of the 10k depicted.

schematic provided below

https://schematicwiring.com/wp-cont...sing-comparator-circuit-schematic-diagram.JPG

Last edited:
It is probably just that the rising and falling times are to fast for your scope to display. The 'sides' are there, or you wouldn't have a top and a bottom.

Exactly what Chris said.

JimB

Hello all,
...............I cant seem to get amplitue to appear on my oscilloscope. I just get the baseline and leading/trailing edge to appear. so basically top and bottom but no sides.

You have the amplitude displayed.... its showing as 4 divisions (between the top and bottom horizontal lines) the value of which is 4 x whatever the mV,V etc / division are set for

Now I see 500mV in the top left corner.... maybe thats 500mV / division, so your amplitude is 2V

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back