Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Splitting serial output microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

robz

Got a question about the serial output of a microcontroller :rolleyes: .

I want to make a serial output signal, so that i can send a couple of pulses serial. The puls patron must be variable.

after making one serial output signal, i want to make a sort of a splitter between 6 channels. so that i can lead the signal through one of the several channels.

so the purpose is to create 6 serial output signals out of 1 serial output of the microcontroller. I was thinking about SPI or UASART.

It's for demonstrating some different output signals to a scope. Why i don't use 1 channel and change the serial software registers ? because to each output a different distortions will be added.

Some suggestions for solving this problem? :)

You must be a hardware guy.

Use software to simulate as many serial outputs as you like. Most C compilers include them in their library. Many examples of them on the net. Also know as "bit bang" or "bit banging" or "software uart".

Yes i am!

So i can simply made 6 serial output signals out of one microcontroller.

because there is only one or two usart or spi modules on the microcontroller, i have to do it with a shift register (created in software)?

Something like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit-banging ??

Thanks for helping me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back