Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spilt sodium-hydroxide

Status
Not open for further replies.

beakie

My girlfriend has just knocked over some sodium-hydroxide I was etching with. My fault for not putting it more out of the way.

I haven't etched much with it. Just one 1/0 100x160mm board. I have poured lots of water over it and tested the PH level with litmus paper and it has a PH of 7.

She got some on her shoe and I have soaked it in water before putting it in the wash.

Is there anything else I should do (other than be careful next time I etch PCB)!!!???

Last edited:
Vinegar will neuteralize NaOH. if all you have done is added water and you have PH 7 it wasnt that strong to start with.

Vinegar will neuteralize NaOH. if all you have done is added water and you have PH 7 it wasnt that strong to start with.

I added LOTS of water :)

Cheers for ya quick reply

According to Wikipedia, Ph7 is similar to distilled water, and between sea water (Ph 8) and urine (Ph6).
I know which I'd rather have on my carpet. (Girlfriend's shoe) :)

well to give you an idea, NaOH is normally in the PH 10 areas, it is a pretty strong alkali. I have KG's of the stuff if anyone needs any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back