Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenderfoot

Hello all, new to this forum so hope I'm placing this in the right section.

Does anyone have any comments on the Spice circuit simulation program?
I've only recently started looking at it, for hobby use, and see it comes in different versions.

I guess my questions are, is it worth the bother of downloading and learning how to use it, and if so, which version is the easiest to get to know.

Many thanks for any help.

hi,
The LTSpice, free version is well worth learning, also join the Yahoo LTSpice users group for lots of working examples on how to use the program.

Welcome to the Forums...

Last edited:
Spice is a very handy circuit simulator. It allows you to simulate most types of circuit behavior. It can spot many errors in a circuit design before you build the circuit which may save having to rebuild the circuit. I never build any type of circuit without first simulating it.

It's also very useful in becoming familiar with basic circuit behavior of various networks, transistors, filters, resonant circuits, etc.

I have posted hundreds of LTSpice circuits and simulations here. Search on my posts, and you can get a feeling of what it is good for, and how to use it. i.e. use some of my posts as examples of how to use various features of the program.

Just be forewarned, it is a bit intimidating at first, if you don't know what you're doing, but after you familiarize yourself with it and the differences between it and the real world it's much easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back