Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice models for CMOS OTA( operational transconductance amplifier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstman

Hi,all
I don't find Spice models for CMOS OTA( Operational transconductance amplifier). I only find Spice models for BJTs OTA ( ex. NJM13600 , LM13700 , LT1228). Please help me , if anyone has Spice models for CMOS OTA.

Do you have an actual part number for a CMOS OTA? If one does not exist, it is unlikely you will find a spice model for one.

thanks MikeMl for your reply. I don't find actual part number for a CMOS OTA.Why electronic device companies don't product CMOS OTAs and only product BJTs OTAs? How can I get Spice model for CMOS OTA?

Last edited:
BJT operational transconductance amplifier ICs are very old and I think only the LM13700 one is still made. I didn't know that New Japan Radio made a copy of National's old LM13600 one. Nobody uses them anymore so soon all will be gone. Nobody ever made a Cmos one.

They were made long before Sim programs.

Why would you want a sim model for device that is not made?

If you want an ideal simulation model, you can just use a voltage-controlled-current-source generator which is generally available in most simulators.

thanks for your replies. But I see the papers in which simulation results are shown by using CMOS OTA. Can I made complete OTA by using CMOS to apply in high frequency range bandpass filter( center frequency =10Meg Hz).

Last edited:
Hi,

From memory i remember the CA3080 if i rem right. That one is probably still available. Not sure if the spice model is available.

The CA3080 was made by RCA 35 years ago who haven't made ICs for many years. Then Harris made some of the old RCA ICs. Harris is gone and Texas Instruments now makes some of their ICs (the CD4xxx Cmos logic ICs).
National's LM13600 was newer and replaced it but it also is not made anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back