Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPICE Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paris Heng said:
Where to get microcontroller SPICE model for Pspice? e.g. ATMEL...
A model for a microcontroller would be a very complex digital model. You would also need the ability to model whatever program is driving the uC. There may be something available for some digital simulation programs, but I doubt you will find and anything for a SPICE simulator. SPICE (and PSPICE) is primarily for modeling analog circuits (or the analog characteristics of digital circuits). They are some simple SPICE digital models for gates, FFs, counters, etc. but not complex digital functions.

You will never find (short of stealing it from Atmel) a spice model for an Atmel micro controller. You can however use the data sheets and the publicly available IBIS models for it's I/O pins to construct a spice model of an I/O pin and use the Atmel simulators for the software end of things. There is commercial softare that can mix the simulation and spice parts together (Proteus comes to mind) but it's relativly expensive, and not really worth it to the hobbyist. A good osciliscope and some common sense with software and hardware will allow you to test things in the real world circuit easier than it'd be to setup a hardware/software cosimulation with any hope of predicting the real world setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back