Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI issue - HW or SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Hi
I have tried to get my head around something here.
If i look in the datasheet of the 18f4550 HW SPI are pins RC0, RC1, RB7 and RA5 (the latter beeing SS)
but in CCS pic c in the project wizzard it says that pins RC3 -RC5 ans SPI -CLK -DI -DO (this is when i set it to use HWSPI)

Hi
I have tried to get my head around something here.
If i look in the datasheet of the 18f4550 HW SPI are pins RC0, RC1, RB7 and RA5 (the latter beeing SS)
but in CCS pic c in the project wizzard it says that pins RC3 -RC5 ans SPI -CLK -DI -DO (this is when i set it to use HWSPI)
Maybe the lib is bit-banging SPI instead of using hardware? Just write it yourself. You don't need a lib to do SPI. It's super easy with the hardware SPI. Very similar to hardware RS232 to write code for.

Well since im trying to use some sort of FAT16 lib i need the init routines and they are different in mikroC and CCS pic C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back