Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speed measuring instrument

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Maro

Building a circuit that measures speed. Any idea on how I can separate the shaft(ssensor) from the case. That is I don't want the casing to rotate with the shaft. Already thought of ball bearing but I want to use rubber case and can't afford to weld

Please draw a diagram. I have no idea what you want to do. A simple weld cost me less than $0.01.

John

I'd use babbit bearings instead of the ball bearings, but you will need to cast them and then scrape them for a slip fit of .001" to .004" depending on if the spinning shaft is made of a hard wood like balsa or a soft plastic like nickel????

Normally the Hall sensor is outside the shaft which only has a dimple, hole or slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back