Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speed and torque measurement of an induction machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

vutdl

Hi all,

I want to implement in real time a digital controller for the speed control of an induction machine/synchronous generator set. Also the constant Volts/Hz control with a PI speed regulator is to be employed and the controller is to be implemented by using a PC together with a data acquisition card. Is there any commercial IC or board for that? If i want to make the board, where should I start?

Thanks all,

It sounds a bit specialized, so I'm going to say I don't think you can buy what you want. I could be wrong though. If you plan to make one then you need to start with a set of requirements. This is the only way that you or anybody else will know what "done" means. From the set of requirements you can put together a design that meets or exceeds the requirements. Then you build a prototype of your design so you can test the design against the requirements which you wrote down at the beginning. The last step is to put the design in final form and package it up.

You should be prepared to throw the first one away because you'll end up doing that anyway.

Everything we do today will end up in the landfill sooner or later.

You might do a search for "induction motor speed control" to see what's out there.

Doing it yourself is a significant task that would require knowledge of servo loop design and simulation. The loop could either be PID or Fuzzy Logic. It's likely not something you can do experimentally with a PIC and a few lines of code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back