Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speed and position control in a servo system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brians04hemi

still having problems! i need to be able to manually control the speed and position of a servo motor while the motor is working. the manual part is operating some sort of position switch or sensor. basically i want to move the position switch or sensor to a position and have the motor shaft go to a certain position. the motor needs a very quick response time between when i move the switch to when the motors shaft gets to its position. for example.....say i have a rotary position switch or sensor, i need the motors shaft to rotate 1 degree for every 1 degree that i manually rotate the position switch or sensor. it has to be able to go in both directions. if i rotate the switch or sensor 1 or more degrees in a clockwise direction then the motors shaft should rotate the equal number of degrees also in a clockwise direction. if i manually rotate the switch or sensor 1 or more degrees in a counter clockwise position then the motors shaft needs to rotate an equal number of degrees also in a counter clockwise direction. now with speed...i need to be able to adjust the motors velocity occationaly. i know i can use a potentiometer for this but will that reduce the motors power or torque? the motor needs to retain at least its rated power and torque specs. i'm totally lost with this. please help!? i clearly don't even know if its a position sensor or switch that i need. plus i need to fiqure out where to buy this stuff once i learn what i need to make this system. i believe i'm looking at an open loop set up. i know that i need several components to do this. i just don't know for sure what they are and what gets hooked up to what. also this set up needs to run independantly without being permanatly connectected to a computer. for the purpose of programming some sort of drive or control would be ok as long as i can remove the computer when programming is complete. thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back