Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speechless!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVAC Tech

I had just finished repairing the air conditioning on my last call of the day. It was a weird day in San Diego, hot and muggy all morning and around 1:30 pm it started raining so hard and then the thunder and lightening came. This may not seem weird to some but we are in a severe drought. I think it has rained once all year. I was putting my tools in to my work truck and the customer hands me a brand new Fluke 87-5 true rms, industrial multi meter, never been opened........This meter sells for no less than $404 U.S. dollars. That doesn't happen to often, try never. He said that he bought the meter and never needed it because he ended up retiring at the age of 51. I had no idea electrical engineers made enough money to retire at the age of 51, lol.

.:Brandon:.
HVAC Tech

One of those random acts of kindness which happen once in a while.
Well done.

JimB

Wow! New in the box! First thing I would do is try and pawn it off on a contractor for a few hundred and then use the money to buy a half dozen good multifunction meters. :D

Why wouldn't an engineer be able to retire at 51? Given the outrageous bills the HVAC techs give most everywhere Vs the costs of the components they use and install they should be a retiring in their late 30's or early 40's. :banghead:

Thanks to Star Wars contracts, jobs became fruitful for some. Some day I may give away my 5 digit RLC meter, Tek DSO and HP scope to a budding Eng.

I retired at 55 but never got rich until I sold a million LEDs later in one year, then prices eroded to pennies.

Tony Stewart Wow, do you think you'd be able to bulk sell a bunch of Samtec pin headers for me? :D

:joyful::smug:
Tony Stewart Wow, do you think you'd be able to bulk sell a bunch of Samtec pin headers for me? :D
I used to supply them for a penny per pin. ... 500$min . But not worth the time. I probably tossed a box full at one time. But have overstock in Amber and neutral White 5mm zener protected , brightest possible , matched. 15k pc 500/bag ranging from 10~20Cd 30deg. Got anything to trade?

I had just finished repairing the air conditioning on my last call of the day. It was a weird day in San Diego, hot and muggy all morning and around 1:30 pm it started raining so hard and then the thunder and lightening came. This may not seem weird to some but we are in a severe drought.

.:Brandon:.
HVAC Tech
When worked in SD, /RB, it never rained... Reminds me of the story of Rainman told by musician, Kurt Bestor in the free demo CD for WordPerfect Six Point Oh. Best music "The Innovators" I had since 1998. Very funny tragic story about the early 19th century Rainman who gambled with city of SD to fill Lake Moreno for $50k. He did so but never got paid because his gunpowder evil smelling smoke successfully caused floods and wiped out bridges, cattle and drowned a few even after they begged him to stop. But the reservoir wasn't full yet.

:joyful::smug:
I used to supply them for a penny per pin. ... 500$min . But not worth the time. I probably tossed a box full at one time. But have overstock in Amber and neutral White 5mm zener protected , brightest possible , matched. 15k pc 500/bag ranging from 10~20Cd 30deg. Got anything to trade?

I recently acquired 5k+ of these Samtec headers (I have the part number somewhere) and need to sell them. Normally they go for ~$2.30 apiece in one-off quantity, but I was trying to get $0.50 apiece to help pay for my upcoming honeymoon in October. So unfortunately trades won't work, really looking for cash :p

Matt

Some day I may give away my 5 digit RLC meter, Tek DSO and HP scope to a budding Eng.
I am not engineer but RLC meter is rare thing for me, around here. If you decided then register my name too, as a candidate. :)

When worked in SD, /RB, it never rained... Reminds me of the story of Rainman told by musician, Kurt Bestor in the free demo CD for WordPerfect Six Point Oh. Best music "The Innovators" I had since 1998. Very funny tragic story about the early 19th century Rainman who gambled with city of SD to fill Lake Moreno for $50k. He did so but never got paid because his gunpowder evil smelling smoke successfully caused floods and wiped out bridges, cattle and drowned a few even after they begged him to stop. But the reservoir wasn't full yet.

Haven't been here in quite some time. After reading some of the older threads I found this one. Interesting story about San Diego. I was born and raised in North County. Spent 43 years of my life in San Diego and finally called it quits. I knew that there was more to life than sitting at a dead stop on a 7 lane freeway(I-5). I am on the road all day long and I found myself parked on the freeway for hours daily. Last year we moved to Oregon and we absolutely love it here. Well, I absolutely love it here, my wife, not so much.

Below is my "rush hour" now. The sun may not shine like it does in San Diego, but I like it. The people in Oregon are much nicer than in San Diego. I believe this is due to the lack of traffic.
Driving here in Oregon takes a little getting used to. People here will actually slow down and let you change lanes when you have your blinker on. I thought that this was unusual because if you turned your blinker on in San Diego people would speed up and not let you get in front of them. Anyways, enough about traffic........the other picture was taken at sunset on New Years.
20190101_165431.jpg

20180529_165915.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back