Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speech recognition using HM2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamir1

hi Friends

im making a project of wheel chair control via throat signal from vocal cords.....ive purchased the sensors im trying to use the HM2007 Ic but the problem is it takes input from a MIC can i connect my sensor output to ic instead of MIC ??can the HM2007 ic work on signals except from mic

Isn't the output of a throat sensor only vowels and not words?
Words have high frequency consonant sounds that will not be produced by the throat sensor.
Will the speech recognition IC work?

Maybe the IC can be trained so that two grunts or groans ("GO FORWARD") makes the wheelchair move forward and a single grunt or groan ("STOP") makes it stop. Then ("TURN TO THE LEFT") is four sounds and ("TURN TO THE RIGHT SIDE") is five sounds.
Barking from a dog could do it.

It is made for an electret mic, so yes you should be able to AC couple to the mic input if the amplitude is close to the same. You don't spec your throat mic's output.

I found four reviews of headsets with throat mics on You-Tube.
The first one said that its earphone sounded great but the system did not live up to its ratings (maybe a poor mic sound?). No demo.

The second one said that the mic had an opening ON THE FRONT so it is an ordinary mic that picks up all sounds including background noises. It was not demo'd.

The third one picked up echoes in the room so it also does not pickup only vocal chords vibrations.

The fourth one sounded EXTREMELY distorted. BUZZ, BUZZ, BUZZ.

I think a gooseneck mic should be used. Some can be worn so it is always in front of the mouth even when the head is turned.
Most gooseneck mics cancel background noises.

actually we are designing the wheel chair for people who cannot talk or cannot move either but since the vocal cords of the person who cannot talk still works, so we will pick the signal from vocal cord using throat sensor and define keywords as forward, backward etc for controlling wheel chair but i read the datasheet of HM2007 it said that the I/P can be from mic but since the person cannot speak there is no use of mic so can i give the signal from the sensor directly to HM2007 ??

The word recognition IC works by storing "training words" from a person in the RAM. Then when it is in the voice recognition mode it compares the new sounds to the sounds stored in the RAM and gives an output of which word is a match. If there is no perfect match then it gives an error output which can be used to stop the wheelchair from having an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back