Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speech recognition switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

boardy

Dear all,

As the title suggests i'm looking into speech recognition switches.

What i'm after is a switch that turns on with one command and off with another. The switch ideally needs to be voice recordable.

I'm guessing the technology is similar to the way some mobile phones can dial a number when the user says the name associated with the number.

So far i've only managed to find sound activated switches such as a clap switch, however i need the component to be a bit more advanced and hands free.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas or suggestions. The smaller the component and the less battery power it consumes the better.

Many thanks in anticipation...

Well I'm kinda new to electronics and stuff but I would try: a microphone, an ADC converter, a non-volatile memory chip and a microcontroller (perhaps a PIC since its popular around these parts). I would use the ADC converter to turn the voice audio into its digital representation store that digital representation into the non-volatile memory, then when you give the voice command next time the microcontroller retrieves the data stored in the memory chip and compares it to the voice audio that was last received and if it matches, perform a specific task. There are of course other thing you will need to add/set-up - like a button so that the device doesn't continually read voice audio.

NOTE: I'M NOT SURE IF THIS WOULD WORK, THIS IS JUST MY IDEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back