Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spectrum analyzer (DYI etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nav11

Hello to all,

I am looking for a good quality/accuracy of results spectrum analyzer without having to spent 1000s of $. Have you build any and do you have some inputs and/or some good design proposal that you would like to share? I know there are a ton of them online but I don't know where to start.
Also if you know of any good but cheap commercial product available?

thanks

You really should post what the application is and/or desired specs. There is a big difference in a 2 GHz spectrum analizer and one for audio purposes.

Hi,

Yes, i was going to suggest maybe a setup similar to a high Q graphic equalizer, with just one variable section.

There used to be kits on the market but that was long long time ago. The output would be viewed on a scope.

Check the Behrenger range they make some really nice low cost rack mount digital equalisers that have massive (60 channel?) spectrum analysers built in;

**broken link removed**
Behrenger Ultracurve Pro

they are amazingly cheap new on ebay and it's not just an analyser it's a full audo processor!

ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496
Ultra-High Precision 24-Bit/96 kHz Equalizer, Analyzer, Feedback Destroyer and Mastering Processor
Ultra-high resolution 24-bit/96 kHz mastering processor featuring 32/40-bit floating-point DSP technology
Audiophile 24-bit/96 kHz A/D- and D/A converters offering 113 dB dynamic range
4 concurrently selectable EQ modules (31-band graphic EQ, 10-band parametric EQ, Feedback Destroyer plus 3 Dynamic EQs per stereo channel)
Ultra-high resolution 61-band real-time FFT analyzer with additional auto EQ function for room and loudspeaker equalization
Unique VPQ (Virtual Paragraphic EQ) option allows parametric control of graphic EQs
State-of-the-art compressor/expander with peak limiter per stereo channel, additional stereo imager and stereo delay for delay line applications
Multi-functional level meters (peak/RMS, VU and SPL meter with dBA/dBC weighting via RTA/Mic input)
64 user memories for complete setups and/or individual module configurations
Separate mic/line input with phantom power for RTA and Auto-EQ applications
Balanced inputs and servo-balanced outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors, stereo aux output, AES/EBU and S/PDIF inputs and outputs (XLR and optical)
Professional Wordclock input and MIDI connections for full remote control, preset dumps and system updates
Open architecture allowing future software updates via MIDI
"Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany

Last edited:
Thank you all for your input. I forgot to tell you that I am looking for something able to see frequencies from the range of kHz up to MHz. It has to be fast and sensitive. I put no exact range since the most important factor is cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back