Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Specs or pinout for a few parts needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impmon

I'm trying to draw up a schematic to a switching power supply for Apex AD1500. From the nerd-out forums, there's an obscenely high failure rate among the 1500's power supply and no schematic exists. There are 3 IC's on board that I can't find the pinout or specs on google.

KA3842 8 pin IC
transistor like device with the marking 431AZ and 125 (it's listed as U and not Q on the board)
Finally an optoisolator V122Y and 817C (may be a G and not C)

Also is there a list for calculating inductor value? Most has color bands but there are 2 inductors that are unmarked, is ther a way to measure the value with only a multimeter?

Thanks.

KA3842 is a Samsung-clone of original UC3842 from Motorola.
431Z in TO92 package is TL431 adjustable reference, most of cases this IC drive the optocoupler from output.
125 and V122Y ... i dont know, maybe after drawing.
817C a commonly used PC817 opto from Sharp (4pin)
In my practice was the inductors never failed.

Thanks, those helped me. The 2 extra numbers you couldn't find were on the chips and they probably were date code or some obsecure code after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back