Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Specs for Line Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

qdn

Hello,

I'm not very clear on what are the specs to look for when trying to see if a line driver IC is capable of driving a certain line. For example, take the SN74ls240 https://ecee.colorado.edu/~mcclurel/sn74ls240rev5.pdf , if I am to take that to drive a coax cable about 150 feet with 50 ohm load for impedance match, what parameters do I need to look at to determine if this IC is capable of driving the cable? Thanks!

Reactions: qdn
Thanks for replying. One more question, what is the significant of putting a resistor after the driver, assume its for impedance matching to Zo of transmission line and Zload. Though, I saw working design that did not put a resistor after the driver at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back