Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

special transistor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njguy

Does anyone know of a type of transistor that when power is supplied to it, it switches on, but when the input power is off, instead of turning the transistor off, it switches on a different output? I know I'm not explaining this with appropriate terminology, but it's the best I can do.

Tell us what you are trying to do, not what part would do this mysterious function. ;)

Are you describing a "power ON - forward motion, power OFF - reverse motion" situation?

If so, one transistor can't do it. Try a solid state DPDT relay.

Yeah I am describing a power on, and power off = solenoid polarity switching situation with a hall effect sensor. I wanted to do it with as few components as possible.

I'd go with cowboybob's suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back