Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Special potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

t3sser4ct

I'm in need of a special kind of potentiometer, but I'm unable to find one that does exactly what I need. Does anyone know where I might find one, or how I might modify an existing potentiometer to do the same thing?

Here's what I need. I have two audio sources, and I want to be able to control the mix with a single pot. I was planning to use a 500kΩ logarithmic stereo pot, but I need it to approach zero resistance at the half position. For example, when the pot position is between the 0% and 50%, resistance should be close to 0. But when the position is between 50% and 100%, resistance should range between 0Ω and 500kΩ, respectively. This way, when the pot is in the middle position, both signals are allowed to pass at full volume, and by turning the pot all the way in either direction, I can block one signal and allow the other to pass at full volume. (This would be achieved by connecting the wires for the two sources to the terminals on opposing sides of the stereo pot.)

I thought about wiring some resistors in parallel with the pot, but that doesn't seem to be what I need. Does anyone have any ideas?

You need a pot designed for stereo balancing such as **broken link removed**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back