Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
juan123 said:
Is there any way to fix speakers in which the coil burned or got out of place?

For larger speakers you can get them reconed or recoiled, for some you can even buy kits to do it yourself.

But unless it's large and expensive it's probably not worthwhile, but it's fairly commonplace in PA speakers.

You would also probably need to cure the problem that killed it in the first place! - or the repaired one will go the same way.

If the coil is not ruined it can be respun. I use kapton tape to repair the coil surface, heat treat, dip it in light epoxy if needed and respin.

I disassembled several brand subwoofers. I have also formed coil bases out of kapton material by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back