Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speaker Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some in ceiling speaker wire.
I was given a sample that says:
EXTRAFLEX PLUS BY LIBERTY 16-2C-EX+ E190606-G (UL) 16 AWG

It has two conductors (red and black)

Where can i buy this or a very similar cable (in the USA).

Last edited:
The wire, by the numbers, seems to be a 16 gauge, 2 conductor. The colours do not matter.
The questions are: What is the load and at what impedance (8 ohms, 25/70V) and how many speakers? Is it a residential or commercial install? Is it in a plenum ceiling?

I use extension cord wire. You can get it from the lumberyard. It will not be red/black but one of the wires will have a mark on it.

extension cord wire is almost always 12 gage.
it would be more cost effective to go with something that is rated for the application. if this is just a home system you can go with 24g and up usually

Last edited:
extension cord wire is almost always 12 gage.
it would be more cost effective to go with something that is rated for the application. if this is just a home system you can go with 24g and up usually
I would not go any smaller than 16 gage for speaker wire for typical 8 ohm speakers. Smaller wire can lower volume and reduce speaker damping, especially for a significant length of wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back