Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speaker wire clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

solis365

what is the terminology for those little plastic spring-loaded red and black clips on the back of speakers? the ones that clamp the wire down against the contact

I snapped one off on one of my speakers. the speaker housing is not openable without destroying it, wondering if i can get a replacement. would like the term for the clips to try and get better search results.

tried gluing them, didnt work. the surface area that snapped is too small for the glue to take the pressure from the spring.

Not sure what they're called...but radio shack sells them.

If glue doesn't work you coudl always try epoxy like JB weld and epoxy the joint and all around. instead of just in the break.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back