Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spark Quencher in a spectrometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpower2233

hey everyone, ive been working on a spectrometer and my basic problem is when ever you press the swith the relay fire but it sparking all the time i tried wiring a spark quencher both across the relay itself and the load but to no avail. my relays keep on getting welded together anyone with any helpfull ideas?

What type of spectrometer is it? Is this a switch, perhaps, for an exploding wire source? Where in the circuit is the switch? John

maxpower2233 said:
hey everyone, ive been working on a spectrometer and my basic problem is when ever you press the swith the relay fire but it sparking all the time i tried wiring a spark quencher both across the relay itself and the load but to no avail. my relays keep on getting welded together anyone with any helpfull ideas?

You have a problem, most likely something shorting out that is drawing large current and welding the contacts. You first have to find the cause rather then just repairing the damaged relay contacts.

Lefty

The Swicth is a pushbutton which activates and changes the states of the relays the purpose of the switch and the relay it that it a light increasing switch that will give off more light to the Halogen light thusly increasing it life span.THe relay is basically wired directly from the switch with a 110 volts across it and trhen from there it outputs to the halogen lamps. I`m going to retrace the wiring to see if perhaps it a short and since im new to this old project and has been passed down to me with no documents or schematics or technicial info and the previous person workign on it can no longer be contacted, my info on it is relatively vaque i will continue to post with some more finding and info once i get more familiar with it myself

Just leaving a note that the problem was the relay was drawing too much current so i place spark quenchers, one over the relay contacts and one over the 120volt source and one over the 240 volt source , the capasitor seem to discharge it slow enought not to weld the contact together any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back