Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SpamBot Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

Am I just an idiot, and I am really embarrassed for having to post this? I was attempting to register for a forum and came to the SpamBot question which was as follows:

Pick the all units for power: mA, A, mW, Volt, KG, m, W, inch, psi.:

Well, at first I said sure, mW and W for milli-watt and watt
So I type mW,W
this was wrong???
So then I just tried W
wrong again???
befuzzled at this point I tried typing the word Watt

Wrong again, and I also exceeded the number of attempts allowed by this clever little SpamBot catcher. So I was now left locked out as I was informed I would have to try again later... Grrr, surely I was not a bot, and I know what the units for power are. Have you seen this question, before I get locked out again, I wanted you guys input.

Thanks all

If you don't mind, which Forum? Maybe one of us can give it a go and see if we get the same response. Then post the results here.

kv

JYEtech.com, my son purchased one of their scope kits (DSO138) through Ebay, which turned out to be a counterfeit, I just wanted to post this info on the forum, and who the seller was.

Could it be that person that set the question did not know what he was talking about and was wanting all the electrical units not just power ?
I think killivolt's suggestion is a good one but I expect them to use a different quesion next time.

Les.

Hi Mike,
I am on the registration page and the same question is being asked. what answer would you like me to try ? (As you have already given the correct one.)
I have tried the correct answer (Separated with a comma.) and all the electrical units with just a space character between them. Neither worked.

Les.

Last edited:
In my world, m stands for milli, as in 10^-3

Hello. I have exactly the same problem as the op Mikebits. I was asked exactly the same question on the same forum and gave the same answers. I also got looked out after giving the same answers for the same reasons The forum is here http://www.jyetech.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=register Does anyone have any suggestions as this is the most ridiculous anti bot measure I have yet to see Thank you

Am I just an idiot, and I am really embarrassed for having to post this? I was attempting to register for a forum and came to the SpamBot question which was as follows:

Pick the all units for power: mA, A, mW, Volt, KG, m, W, inch, psi.:

Well, at first I said sure, mW and W for milli-watt and watt
So I type mW,W
this was wrong???
So then I just tried W
wrong again???
befuzzled at this point I tried typing the word Watt

Wrong again, and I also exceeded the number of attempts allowed by this clever little SpamBot catcher. So I was now left locked out as I was informed I would have to try again later... Grrr, surely I was not a bot, and I know what the units for power are. Have you seen this question, before I get locked out again, I wanted you guys input.

Thanks all
Hy Mike,

No 'idiot': the question is ambiguous.:arghh:

'W' for Watts and 'mW' for milliWatts are the only units of power, so 'W' and 'mW' are all you should enter. Or have I got it wrong?
(m= meter as Les says; milli is not a unit: it is a prefix)

spec

Last edited:
Not quite sure who you are replying to spec but I am Peter :) Mike is the original poster (op) Thanks for that and I just figured that out and registered for that forum by using mW (milliwatt) and W (watt) by using your rational. Thanks a lot for the reply

Not quite sure who you are replying to spec but I am Peter :) Mike is the original poster (op) Thanks for that and I just figured that out and registered for that forum by using mW (milliwatt) and W (watt) by using your rational. Thanks a lot for the reply
Hy Peter,

Welcome to ETO,

Care to tell us where you are and show it in your user window at the left of your posts.

I was replying to Mike; I wonder why you ask.

Our posts crossed and I had included mW too.

Glad to hear that you managed to log in OK.

spec

(PS I asked admin to delete your two erroneous posts. If you need to delete a post in future, just click 'Report' and ask admin to delete the offending post)

PSS: What is the motorbike?

Thanks a lot spec isn't if funny how out of the blue a topic get some simultaneous activity after being idle for months :)

I only really came across this forum because of my issue in registering on the JYE Tech forum in anticipation of assembling a cheap low end oscilloscope. Now I will explore this forum too.

The motorbike is a 1972 750cc Norton Commando Roadster that I sold in 2011 unfortunately

I live in Canberra, the capital of Australia but I cannot see how to include this on my profile. It's always a battle working out a new forum, but I have found but they are great places

Last edited:
Ah, I had missed the date. I hate it when that happens. I now understand your question.

Norton Commando- nice. In 1963, I wanted a Norton 650SS, but all I could afford was a Matchless G2, 250 cc single.

There are quite a few of your countrymen on ETO.

If you enter your location next to 'Location' in your user page, it will show in the window at the left of your posts. It is handy for us to know your location because then we can determine what your mains supply is and what components you have access to.

spec

Last edited:
Thanks spec you are very helpful which I appreciate Actually since I arrived here I decided to stay :)

Last edited:
Thanks spec you are very helpful which I appreciate Actually since I arrived here I decided to stay and see if anyone could help me with this problem :)

What do you know about converting logic signals

Hy Peter,

There are loads of helpful people on ETO and there are experts in many fields.

I hate to say this, but there are strict rules about hijacking a post so it would be better to start a new thread. That way you will get the most responses.

spec

Hello. I have exactly the same problem as the op Mikebits. I was asked exactly the same question on the same forum and gave the same answers. I also got looked out after giving the same answers for the same reasons The forum is here http://www.jyetech.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=register Does anyone have any suggestions as this is the most ridiculous anti bot measure I have yet to see Thank you

I just created a dummy user name and dummy email and guessed the correct answer syntax on the 3rd try

mW W

no comma

dumb site. no drama.

Hey welcome to the group Peter.

You may locate and edit your "Personal Details" by pointing at your name in upper right corner.

I have PC security experience and understand the weakness of programmers from personal experience. (mine)

Last edited:
So it was a poorly constructed question and answer ...
It would have been a whole lot easier if they formatted the question properly so the user could select the two correct answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back