Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Source Type Transistor Array

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.

To keep it quick and simple, I am powering an 8x16 LED matrix display from a PIC microcontroller using spare I/O . The maximum current sunk/sourced when including other peripherals puts me over the limit, so I need to use external drive circuitry.

The ULN2803A has me covered for the low side driver, however I am having incredible difficulty finding a high side driver transistor array.

The UDN2981 or some variant there-in would be perfect, but there seems to be almost no supply for them. I can find similar part numbers that perform a similar function, but no-one seems to carry them.

Any suggestions for a source type transistor array, be it PNP or NPN (or FET)? I just find it hard to believe it is this difficult to find.

Or perhaps I'm going about this design incorrectly.

Anyways, thank-you kindly for your time. Any input here would be appreciated

-EF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back