Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Source for Piezo elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilGMan

I hope this is the right place for this question...

I've done quite a bit of google searches lately for Piezo elements as a vibration source, but so far I either find piezo actuators that are too expensive for my application (i.e. components from physikinstrumente.com, cheapest elements ~60 to 100 USD), or packaged piezo devices for acoustic applications that only have acoustic specifications in their datasheets.

Does anyone know where to get cheap piezo elements that come with mechanical specs in their datasheets? Those that go into the buzzers must have come from somewhere...

I have had the same problem looking for piezo benders. Keep looking, GlobalSpec has some sources. One place will sell a variety pack of sheet material for R&D but it is $500.00. There are other brands. Let me know if you find some reasonable material to play with.
I just noticed that on this page, just above Quick Reply, there are some good piezo links. Piezo buzzers are here www.east-mingtao.com

Last edited:
I tried Globalspec as well, but could only find benders and actuators that are overkill (aka too expensive) for what I need. There is a local electronics surplus store that has buzzers on the cheap, but I won't know what type of output I'm actually getting from the device.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I'll post a source if I ever find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back