Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sound To electricity,Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhammad89

it is known that electricity is converted to sound in Musical instruments,
but is it possible to do it vice versa, how, and are there any applications of these in our day to day life?

Muhammad89

it is known that electricity is converted to sound in Musical instruments,
but is it possible to do it vice versa, how, and are there any applications of these in our day to day life?

Muhammad89

Yes. The most obvious examples would be microphones.

Connect a voltmeter across the leads coming out of a speaker. Yell into the speaker. Watch the voltmeter.

In other words, yes, it is possible. But there's not a whole lot of energy in sounds low enough not to hurt. That said, there was a recent magazine article (I think it was Elektor but I'll have to check that) where a fellow bolted two largish speakers together so that one would feed straight into the other and fed a powerful signal into one of them. He was then able to run a lamp from the leads coming out of the other speaker.

Torben

Sound is commonly converted directly to AC electrical voltage in piezo-electric microphones. Other types of transducers also convert DC electricity to AC sound. This includes magnetic microphones, guitar pickups and others.

Sorry for being off topic here, but Torben, I love your signature. I will shamelessly copy it for personal use (not here, don't worry)... Unless you hold the copyrights, of course.

Sorry for being off topic here, but Torben, I love your signature. I will shamelessly copy it for personal use (not here, don't worry)... Unless you hold the copyrights, of course.

:) No worries. It's something I read somewhere and liked. I don't know who the original author is.

Torben

Wireless power transmission has been around for a while.

Torben

I know that the idea has been tinckered with since at least Tesla. Did it start before that?

If you connect two speakers together and get someone to talk into one, you'll be able to hear their voice from the other speaker but it won't be very loud.

I think Tesla to be the first. Smart cookie that guy.

I've never heard of anyone doing it prior to Tesla either. Of course, that doesn't prove anything. :)

Torben

I think mother nature has wireless energy transfer sussed pretty well.

in fact until man started messing around, everything was wireless. lol

I think Tesla to be the first. Smart cookie that guy.

even if that so called Tesla trinckled with that sort of topic...
it is reali good to my opinion to resurrend it..
Real thanks anyway!
Muhammad89

even if that so called Tesla trinckled with that sort of topic...
it is reali good to my opinion to resurrend it..
Real thanks anyway!
Muhammad89

What???? No idea what you just said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back