Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound micro chip ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

hello there...
i m need to build a circuit where i can save from 1 to 10 soundtracks...no need for high quality sound ... the tracks are from 30 seconds to 1 minut length ....i need to save the sounds once... and to be able to play them back laterz many times.... i need the repeat function for the tracks to be present...and i really have no idea how to start... so if anyone has an idea ... i would be very thankfull

Inferno said:
hello there...
i m need to build a circuit where i can save from 1 to 10 soundtracks...no need for high quality sound ... the tracks are from 30 seconds to 1 minut length ....i need to save the sounds once... and to be able to play them back laterz many times.... i need the repeat function for the tracks to be present...and i really have no idea how to start... so if anyone has an idea ... i would be very thankfull
Use a circuit for controling a CD-RW unit. (a idee...but u'l need a lot of uC programing). Another ideea is to use the circuitry from a mobile phone with voice recording capabilities and a external uC (for transmiting the wright commands). Last way req some prety good soldering skils:D but u'l get a much smaller gadget.

**broken link removed**
See this! Might help.

hmmmm thank you for trying to help... but what i need is a very easy to use circuit...i don t need to record new sounds... i have just some sounds that i want to record them once... and then be able to play them back when ever i need... i don t need to change sounds from time to time .... so if you have any other idea plz try to tell ...
thank you

As long as you're only playing back, and you can record the samples on a PC then transfer them, and a low bit rate is OK - then you could store the samples in an I2C EEPROM and read them back using a PIC. EPE did a project last year for such a device.

Have a look at the ISD2560 chip. (Do a google search).
That may do what you want.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back