Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sound generating software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikky

Text to Speech converter software

Hi all,

I would like to have some sound file generated in the UK English accent. The sound files would be only of words in describing the different directions.

Could anybody suggest me the software that would convert the word typed into it to the sound file with good reproducibility.

Actually these files would be then programmed into the sound IC for the later playback. Its a bit urgent so please help at the earliest.

Regards
Vikas

Last edited:
My daughter programmed her GPS to talk with an English accent. It sounds funny.

There are numerous text-2-speech conversion pgms. on the Internet for free. Some of them even have selectable voices, including British male/female accent. Just read the details of the software before downloading it.

There are some freeware text-to-speech software utilities here;
TalkBotBrain.com Sound Utilities
and that page has some hardware to play small speech samples back.

There is a project here that uses a PIC as speech synthesis with all 59 allophones (so it can speak any word you like);
**broken link removed**

And another nice speech generator chip (all on 1 chip) using a PIC here;
Soundgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back