Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound dependent light..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmikejt12

hey, i was wondering..... is there any way i could use simple components to make a flashing light (for any source of light) using a mic that flashes to the beat of music or flashes with any sound input?

mabe with one of these: **broken link removed**

yer but you aint gonna see it

use a mic and pass it to an amp and use that amp-signal to drive a lamp

eay just feed a light bulb with the output of an amplifier with a mic as input and preferably use filters to help control its response :wink:

what type of amp could i use? an op amp? (just a sugestion because i have 2 of those :lol: )

Joel do you mean you did it in like 3 separate circuits? 1 for low 1 for medium and one for high?

madmikejt12 said:
Joel do you mean you did it in like 3 separate circuits? 1 for low 1 for medium and one for high?

No, just 1 circuit with 3 different "stages" or "sections"... There has to be a similar schematic available on the net. I'll let you know if I find something.

An opamp doesn't have enough output current to light a lightbulb, just an LED. :cry:
An LM386 is an 8-pins 1/4W amp and could drive a 3V/200mA lightbulb brightly when powered by a 9V battery. When its pins 1 and 8 are joined with a 10uF capacitor, its input is sensitive enough to use a biased electret microphone coupled to the amp's input though a 1uF capacitor. The amp's input could also have a preset 100k volume control. :lol:

You just throw an power transitor,or MOSFET or,Triac... And you can drive big bulbs.But blinking them is not wery good for an light bulb.

No, just 1 circuit with 3 different "stages" or "sections"... There has to be a similar schematic available on the net. I'll let you know if I find something.

that is what i meant, sorry i wasnt verry clear.
Thanks everyone fot the advice, i would like to use an LED (or a few)

also instead of connecting it to a mic could i connect it to my pc audio out socket aswell as my speakers (using a splitter)??
Thanks,
Mike

could i use thios amp? **broken link removed**

and connect it to pc audio out?

:lol: :lol: Hee, hee. My goodness does Maplin ever get things wrong, really wrong!
Quote: "This amplifier module achieves peak power at an operating voltage of 12Vdc with a 4‡; loudspeaker. With lower voltages and higher resistance loudspeakers, power will increase accordingly."

They talk about peak power, which is simply double the actual power, if the actual power is true. Then they say that the amp's power increases when its supply voltage decreases, which is backwards. They even say its power increases with a higher resistance load which is also backwards.

It sounds like a very dangerous amp, maybe nuclear. If it was turned off so that its supply voltage was zero, and its load was disconnected so it was an infinite resistance, then it would cause a meltdown at its location on our planet! They must have them all powered and loaded in their warehouse. Hee, hee. :lol: :lol:

The amp module costs about 24 times as much as an LM386 amp which can also drive many LEDs. The amp module needs an expensive preamp which is available on the LM386 by adding a cheap capacitor.

sorry, i'm confused :oops:
lol

madmikejt12 said:
sorry, i'm confused :oops:
lol
Sorry about that. Sometimes we talk "geek-language" and only education and experience can translate it.

no, i think i just get confused easily :lol: lol

would this circuit work? i found it on the internet:

Attachments

• sdl.jpg
    sdl.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 744
I don't think your large, complicated and expensive circuit would light the LEDs on bass sounds very well.
This small, simple and inexpensive circuit will:

Attachments

• led_flasher_to_music.png
    led_flasher_to_music.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 787
thanks for that :) the chip is only about 36p and i think i have most of the other components :) thanks alot for that.
I'll let you know how i get on

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back