Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedail

hi all
I want to build Soud card but i still search about which Pi i want to use
can u tell me

i want Pic Hifrequency and more pins And some options used at Sound

plz

Why not just buy one?

Why would you want to? Are you going to write your own drivers too?

It'll cost $$$ to have develop a PCI based sound card, far more than any commercial unit.
The ancient AdLiB ISA card might be possible to adapt to PCI.

You asked this over a month ago and things haven't changed since then. It's still cheaper to go out any buy a sound card than it is to build one.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/audio-circuit.36219/?highlight=sound+card

You don't seem to understand the engineering envolved. You need to design all the hardware, firmware and software, it's not just a walk in the park.

If you're wanting to do this purely for educational purposes then fine, but design simpler things before attempting this.

my favorit to build every things not wrong if i like this
and i will still search to found the solution

Fedail,
If you are asking these questions in the manner that you are; ie: You say you want help writing a device driver but do not specify which operating system the driver is for. It is highly unlikely that you'll be successful at this project and are well out of your depth. The advice above is valid: Buy one.
If you just want to learn, then read up on the PCI spec to start. Read this document and then get back to us with any questions about it:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/03/PCI_22.pdf

Last edited:
i have read this book more than one and i still have some problem
if you can help me with PCI tell me plz

Ok, ask a specific question then. An example of one would be:
What is a DAC when talking about the PCI buss?
An example of an answer would be:
It stands for Dual Address Cycle. It's a PCI transaction where a 64-bit address is transferred across a 32-bit data path in two clock cycles.
An invalid question would be:
Tell me all about the PCI buss.
The answer you'll get around here will be:
Read this:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/03/PCI_22-1.pdf

thanks again
i was read this book

now my question is

how can i detect the speed of PCI bus is 33Mhz and the PIC is 20Mhz
i can't use it here
but i think i want to use PLD if its get the frequency from PCI Bus

second Qestion How can i build The DMA On My PCI Card

Third Question Is Which DAC " digital analog Converter" i must to use Because my data is 32 but i still don't Know How much data My bus send to Card is 8 or 16 or 24 or 32 if it's send morre than 8 bits which DAC i must to use with this range of bits

how can i detect the speed of PCI bus is 33Mhz and the PIC is 20Mhz
i can't use it here
In general, all 33 MHz PCI components must work with any clock frequency up to 33 MHz so you'll have to clock the PIC from its own crystal. Same goes for 66Mhz cards.
second Qestion How can i build The DMA On My PCI Card
Invalid question. To generic. Sorry, I have no desire to design your project for you. You must attempt this yourself first and then ask specific questions about what problem you are having.
Third Question Is Which DAC " digital analog Converter" i must to use
Just use the one with the number of bits that satisfy the audio granularity that you want. Forget about the buss width. You can assemble two 16bit samples or four 8bit into one 32bit transfer on the PCI buss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back