Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sos help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mendimen

hi everybody i have an dificult job i had to pas through many rural areas on feet , so prety often i was chased end atacked by dogs please if enybody can sent me a schematic diagram of ultrasound electronic dog repeller
regards:(

This topic has been raised a few times in the past, try searching if interested. From personal experiments using ultrasound to keep the nieghbor's cats from using my yard as a toilet... its just not very reliable. A frighten or injured animal is very unpredictable and dangerous. Once you push the button, you have no way to predict how the dog will respond. Pepper spray seems popular among postal carriers. Unfortunately illegal to carry or use for the most part, firearms are the best defense, suggest a shotgun with a short barrel. You get a wider pattern, so accuracy isn't a huge issue...

There are many schematics on the web, but have yet to see where one was used successfully, perhaps the price of failure in field testing... You might consider one of those personal protection alarms. Pretty loud siren when you pull the pin (100 db), might scare off the dog, or at least get the attention of the owner, or other people, who might help (before or after the mauling).

Pepper spray seems popular among postal carriers. Unfortunately illegal to carry or use for the most part, firearms are the best defense, suggest a shotgun with a short barrel.
Seems funny when you think about it: Pepper spray = illegal. Shotgun = legal. :rolleyes:

I was being a little sarcastic. Pepper spray is legal here, and easy to get. Pretty sure a cop would shoot you the second he thought he saw a gun...

I've own several dogs, guess I know how to deal with them. Never been attacked or mauled, but have had a few confrontations with stray dogs over the years. Don't provoke them, don't show fear, and let them know you are bigger and willing to prove it. Not sure how well this works if you are walking through 'their' yard, but that would kind of be provoking a response anyway...

When fighting with a dog, focus on controlly the head, it's what does all the major damage. The body will follow the head...

A portable sonic device isn't a great defense. If the dog is close enough to be an actual threat, what are you going to do if the batteries are dead, or it doesn't work? If the dog is being aggressive and in a bad mood, any guarantee this won't just thoroughly piss him off...

I've seen many differant schematics, built a few myself, even made a few of my own design for getting rid of cats. They aren't that complicated or expensive. The reason they aren't in stores, is they don't work well enough to avoid a large number of complaints and refunds, not to mention legal responsabilty if dogs attack anyway...

blueroomelectronics said:
Need a big can of spray for this dog :)
**broken link removed**

Hi Bill, you keep posting picures that don't work?, bear in mind many sites won't let you simply link to pictures there.

As for dogs - a standard technique for television engineers is to carry a can of switch cleaner, WD40 is fine - a good spray of that in the dogs eyes works wonders! :D

blueroomelectronics said:
I wonder how I can tell if a photo link will show up? (I can see them :)) It was a big dog chasing a jogger...

I can see it now as well?, I wonder if it's because I pasted the link directly in the browser earlier?.

well well well you all replyed like im the agresor remenber the dogs are atacking not me end im not trespasing htrough their yard
but thanks enyway, im not provoking or doing something wromg to them

mendimen said:
well well well you all replyed like im the agresor remenber the dogs are atacking not me end im not trespasing htrough their yard
but thanks enyway, im not provoking or doing something wromg to them

An ultrasononic device would make you the aggressor, it's just a loud noise that you can't hear, but the dog can. It's never been proven even slightly effective.
Afrighten or injured animal is more unpredictable, aggressive, and dangerous.

Call animal control, if you really must travel these areas, aren't doing anything to provoke these dogs. Pretty sure that most areas have laws about aggressive animals.

Anyway, there are quite a few ultrasonic schematics on the web, dog whistle, dog repeller, bark eliminator, pest control... But you would be wasting your time and money, and gaining a false sense of security, which may make the situation worse.

I use to have 140 lb. rotweiller mix breed, who didn't like getting a bath. He still got a bath every week or two, only a couple of scars for me in over 12 years of fighting with him. I don't what sort of dogs you are having problems with, but most are all noise, and seldom actually attack.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Bit difficult driving down peoples paths and steps? :p
He said he was not trespassing. so he must be walking on a public road or sidewalk. Or maybe he lives in a jungle with many wild animals all around.

audioguru said:
Or Chicago or Detroit or Miami or New Orleans or Los Angeles or ..... (select an American ghetto)

I heard there aren't many stray animals in ghettos, and pets tend to disappear...

I have never seen a ghetto, just on TV.
Do they eat pets like they do in China?

I don't know. I stay away from the big cities. Pretty sure the old-style ghetto from TV no longer exists. Our government has been pumping a lot of tax dollars into cleaning up those areas. Developers have been picking up land in those areas cheap (bad neighborhood), and tearing it down.
I'd think there are places in most in most countries where most any unfortunate critter could be come a meal. Meat is meat, and a family has to eat... My work place is very culturely diverse, and I've seen some pretty unappetizing exotic things being consumed over the years.

HarveyH42 said:
I'd think there are places in most in most countries where most any unfortunate critter could be come a meal. Meat is meat, and a family has to eat... My work place is very culturely diverse, and I've seen some pretty unappetizing exotic things being consumed over the years.
Hee, hee. Guess who's coming for dinner.
Are there many cannibals in Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back