Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sony tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahadzaman66

i have sony tv model# kv-25mn31 its have one problem when i conected the tv in to the power supply. tv is on but after 2 or 3sec goes to the standby i check all the protectors. any body plz help me. if u any body have the sematic diagram of this model plz send me i m very thanx full to u
my e mail adrees is electronic_alldays@yahoo.com

I had the same problem with my Sony TV I dont remeber the exact model of my TV but it was one of KV25 series only
This problem may be due to the damage of the condensor near the transformer used for TV tube
I dont know your location so I cant say but at my place (i.e. here in japan) Sony people said that the replacement of component in their any TV is free of charge (even if the warranty period has expired)
In my case I had bought the TV second hand and also it was 7 years old then also they replaced for free :)
So better just give a call to the nearby sony customer service centre

instruite said:
I dont know your location so I cant say but at my place (i.e. here in japan) Sony people said that the replacement of component in their any TV is free of charge (even if the warranty period has expired)
In my case I had bought the TV second hand and also it was 7 years old then also they replaced for free :)
So better just give a call to the nearby sony customer service centre

It's certainly NOT the case elsewhere, as usual he's not got his location filled in! - so we don't know where he might be, but warranty in Europe is 12 months, and (I believe in the USA only 90 days?).

HI Nigel
Warranty Here was also only for 1 year but they said since its a replacement they will do it free, good for me :)
I actually called them up to get the service manual cause when I searched oon net the service manual was available only in japanese and I am not yet that good in japanese to read a service manual :( and after I debugged the problem with their help they told they will replace it for free :)

Anyways fahadzaman66, you check all the capacitors near the big transformer on the PCB board, If you see any capacitor burnt just replace it and your TV will work fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back