Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony Trinitron KV28LS35 Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTMonkey

Hi All,

My trusty Sony of 10 years appears to have developed a problem with the screen.

The colours have changed - worse around the edges, getting better (but only slightly) towards the centre of the screen.

See attached - any ideas where I should look first, or is it not worthy of repair?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

magnets do that to your screen, move any magnetic objects away from your screen and try to deguass the screen .
this link WILL help
https://www.wikihow.com/Degauss-a-Computer-Monitor

PS : try to avoid any magnets getting near to your sony .

Sorry - but you're obviously not a TV engineer, and specifically not a Sony one :D

The problem (on a Sony like this one) is that the scan coils have slid back along the neck of the tube, altering the purity settings - it's a VERY. VERY. VERY common fault (or it was, when CRT's were still in use!).

The answer is to loosen the clamp that holds then in place and push them back forwards, set the purity back up, and re-tighten the clamp.

It can be quite fiddly to realign it, and prone to shocks whilst doing it!.

I hated the Triny tubes, I always got the re-gunned ones to set up again, scan yoke sensitive, permalloy magnets stuck here and there to get corner convergence etc. I hated em with a passion...give me an old Philips G5 any day :)

My Sony Trinitron 32" TV had some of its convergence magnets laying on the bottom of the cabinet. They were held on the CRT with double-sided foam tape that does not hold when the TV gets to its normal fairly-warm operating temperature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back