Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony STR-DE915

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolt

Could someone send me a data sheet or service manuals for a sony reciever str-de915 or know the best place to get one?

I need to replace the amp board or some parts.(No sound in main channels but surround works and all other functions)

I also need some suggestions as to a good place to get audio parts that I can match up with the numbers or places with complete plug in boards. I went to parts solver and found a lot of stuff I might need that matched the descriptions as complete boards but the part numbers dont mach mine.

I guess what I really need is a way to find out what replacement numbers will work with a cross reference.

I think I need a part called an audio output on the amp board. It is a rectangular chip looking things with many leg terminals and a half circle chip taken out of each side. This part says "NEC Japan u PC258 (1V) 9727B" on it and it is brown on the board around it. anyone know if I could get this part or a substitute?

Either that or I need the complete board it is on which has 4 MOSFETs on it and is labeled 1-665-778-11. Anyone know why they have a description "amp board" at parts solver for the sony strde915 but it doesnt match the part number. They said they have something close to my number in stock but it was called a video board. How can I cross reference to the right numbers? This reciever is about 5-10 years old.

Jolt said:
Could someone send me a data sheet or service manuals for a sony reciever str-de915 or know the best place to get one?

I need to replace the amp board or some parts.(No sound in main channels but surround works and all other functions)

I also need some suggestions as to a good place to get audio parts that I can match up with the numbers or places with complete plug in boards. I went to parts solver and found a lot of stuff I might need that matched the descriptions as complete boards but the part numbers dont mach mine.

I guess what I really need is a way to find out what replacement numbers will work with a cross reference.

I think I need a part called an audio output on the amp board. It is a rectangular chip looking things with many leg terminals and a half circle chip taken out of each side. This part says "NEC Japan u PC258 (1V) 9727B" on it and it is brown on the board around it. anyone know if I could get this part or a substitute?

Either that or I need the complete board it is on which has 4 MOSFETs on it and is labeled 1-665-778-11. Anyone know why they have a description "amp board" at parts solver for the sony strde915 but it doesnt match the part number. They said they have something close to my number in stock but it was called a video board. How can I cross reference to the right numbers? This reciever is about 5-10 years old.

Generally Sony don't supply replacement boards, you have to repair them to component level - and if they do happen to have boards available the cost is usually prohibitive.

The four devices are not MOSFETs, they are normal bi-polar transistors, and the chip is a driver for them. The transistors are MN2488 (NPN) and MP1620 (PNP), according to the circuit.

I would suggest the best place to get spares would be from Sony Service, you could probably find substitute transistors, but the IC is likely to be difficult.

I've got a PDF manual, but only as part of Sony Assist, and they are password protected (so you can't use them outside the Assist environment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back