Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sony stereo hcd-gx9900 help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

giftess

I have a 10 yr old sony stereo...model hcd-gx9900..got it repaired for $200...says he fixed the output ic....5 months later it blows again...not under warranty...I am not a repairperson but could I fix it myself? the power button is blinking and I heard it when it blew...and if I fix that part will it blow again? maybe something else was wrong? if not can I use the four speakers it has with another amp? I like the speakers a lot...the system cost me $1000 and cannot replace it...the speakers are weird...there are 2 speakers with red wires and 2 speakers with blue wires...not sure if I can cut the ends off and hook them into another amp or not? thankyou in adavance..

Typical. That's what happened before I got involved with a similar repair. I fixed that particular uit for good. I acted as a consultant for a consumer electronics repair business. I did the HARD audio amps. The one in question was repaired 2x by replacing the output IC. I also replaced the output IC, but I put surge suppressor on the power supply caps. I had a hunch that the power supply was easily exceeding the max voltage recommended.

Protect usually means there is DC on the speakers. A relay usually prevents the speakers from seeing the DC.

It could possibly be a very large Hybrid circuit or two of them How about a photo of the inside and a part number from the Hybrid. A service manual would help a lot. I checked two places

A very thin film of thermal grease is put between the hybrid and the heatsink. Estimated price is $25.00 USD.

So, get the p/n and see if you can find a datasheet.

Then we have to identify which one is bad (DC on speaker terminals at the IC) and check the power supply voltages and compare with the absolute max on the datasheet to see if a surge supressor is in order.

We also need your general location (country) in the world.

that's what I thought...it would be too hard for me to fix alone and easier to buy a new receiver...I lose the dual cassette but how sad is it that I still use it lol...anyway tyvm for answering...I think the repair guy should have fixed it right the first time...I don't think I will try to get stereos fixed after this...I think they make them easier to replace than to fix on purpose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back