Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony Receiver STR-DA555ES displays "protection fan" when turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick79

I noticed a 3.15A fuse was blown, I tried replacing the fuse with a new one, but it just blew out right away as soon as i turned it on. Is it the fan that's causing the fuse to blow?

Probably not the fan.

If the fan failed then the temperature will be high and something will fail. That something will pop the fuse.

ronsimpson said:
Probably not the fan.

If the fan failed then the temperature will be high and something will fail. That something will pop the fuse.
Why does it display "protection fan"?

I really don't know but maybe the fan failed and that is the last error it received.

I really don't know but maybe the fan failed and that is the last error it received.

[QUOTE="ronsimpson, post: 1202441, member: 63transit or ing a fan:
Well I stick my finger in the fan. If I pull back a bloody stump then the fan is running very well.
lol
Don't you wish I was even a little helpful.

If you are popping fuses then you have bad power transistors. most likely.[/QUOTE]
This is better than no help at all. So the fan isn't working because of the blown fuse caused by the bad transistor?

Generaly its not a good start if you don't know where to start. A circuit diagram of the unit would be a good start?? And maybe pictures of the insides of the unit. Does it actualy have a fan in it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back