Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sony minidisc remote control reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamluka

Where can i find the reference for sony remote control on minidisc
those things the connect to the audio output
i want to create a mod but i need to know what does what there

any ideas

thx

Those remote controls are fairly simple in operation. You have two audio signal lines (L+R), a ground line, and a remote line. In order to put the player/recorder into different modes, you simply switch different resistances across the ground-remote line. So when you press the play button or the skip-track button etc on your remote control, you're simply switching different resistors onto the line.

I couldn't tell you what the resistance values are, but if you dismantle the remote it'd be pretty easy to find out for yourself.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back