Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony LCD TV Bravia KDL 32T2800 no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkam

Sony Bravia KDL 32T2800

Hi all,

It's not a setting or speakers.
I have now removed the mother board looking for output devices but anything meaty enough is a reg. chip.
I need a schematic or a precedent.
There is sound from the RCA but it rhythmically fades every second or two.
Something could be closing down due to heavy loading from the next components being faulty.
Cheers

Thanks for your speedy reply Nigel.
Yes, I tried the phones jack and tested it for o/c switching.
48pin SM...groan That's that then, unless I can get a schematic & start testing.
Sony didn't even have this model manual listed.
Audio ceased during normal usage.
If only I was deaf.....problem solved.
Thanks

PS I would be quite satisfied to achieve line out.
I wonder what voltage audo is presented at IC3000 input?

Just noticed 'Derbyshire'
I have lived in London for many years but left there (near Alfreton) when I was 18

Just noticed 'Derbyshire'
I have lived in London for many years but left there (near Alfreton) when I was 18

I'm not far from Alfreton.

If the phono outputs, speakers, and headphones are all duff - then it's probably around IC4005 - a 208 pin (probably BGA?) device.

Thanks again & thanks Motorola.
You either have a photographic memory or a schematic................drool
Any possibility I could borrow it?

Hi,
Screen shot?
I wrote to Sony & their forums though I have a feeling the Sony request floundered on the rocks somehow.
Are you in a position to know if Sony would be forthcoming with a schematic?

Either way & regardless, thanks for your time, effort and help & if you care to reveal if you are near Alfretom, I am nostaglic and interested.

Hi,
Screen shot?

The schematic for that board is on multiple pages 16, 24 - something like that, and each page would need to be stretched to at least three screens to be readable.

I wrote to Sony & their forums though I have a feeling the Sony request floundered on the rocks somehow.
Are you in a position to know if Sony would be forthcoming with a schematic?

They wouldn't supply you a service manual, assuming paper ones are even available - as a Sony service agent we have to pay a yearly subscription to Assist to receive electronic encrypted ones. In common with most manufacturers they won't supply information or spares to other than their agents.

Either way & regardless, thanks for your time, effort and help & if you care to reveal if you are near Alfretom, I am nostaglic and interested.

I'm 4.8 miles from Alfreton - incidentally there was a crashed truck blocking Alfreton hill this morning in the snow.

Hi,
Apologies for asking and thanks for your kind help. I do wish consumer groups would demand that all retail electronics come with a schematic at the point of sale.
Lots of other manufacturers are obliging via after market though 3rd parties are now profiteering by interposing. The internet often circumvents this. They sneakily meta tag as free but really aren't.

Was it Highway 61? I used to hitch Hike to Chesterfield College from there and get stuck in Clay Cross.

Thanks

Not the same highway but as a hitch hiking musician back then, it resonated.

I will open the tv up, prod around (disturbance test) in the hope of findind a dry joint I may be able to stress the PCB into functioning and begin the search for a used board.

Not to hijack the thread but I believe you can use a similar Sony model schematic that has been posted on the net for some time KDL26T3000

Hi, Thanks for your interest and kind intervention and info. Lovely. I had just got up and being confronted by the TV and it's kaputness had concluded it was a lost cause, and then you offer a lifeline. Do you have a link as I have previously searched quite extensively? Cheers

Last edited:
Nigel.....................Because you can see the signal path, could you find and recommend a point that I could access and add a line out from? I would be very thankfull if you could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back