Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SONY lcd mornitor, power seens ok. video signal switch off for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

togtoo

picture will just disappear after running sometime.

If switch off/on, sometime the picture can back.
Or off a half hour, it will back again....

seens video control/switch wrong?

any body know this problem from sony lcd mornitor?

Last edited:
Sony LCD Monitor

If it's one of the older LCD monitors with an external power supply you might want to open up the power supply and replace the larger value capacitors. I had this same problem and this cured it.Good luck

ok...I tried to parallel a knowing good cap and
saw improvement! So, it is right way to go.

I am here also wonderring about: what if I simply
parallel several ceramic 4.7uF to solve ERS problem?
Keeping what it has..

ok...I tried to parallel a knowing good cap and
saw improvement! So, it is right way to go.

I am here also wonderring about: what if I simply
parallel several ceramic 4.7uF to solve ERS problem?
Keeping what it has..

Remove the faulty electrolytic, and replace with a 105 degree low-ESR electrolytic of the same value, and equal (or higher) voltage.

You're not going to be able to fit enough ceramic capacitors in the space available, and they probably don't have a very low ESR anyway.

u will see the faulty electrolytic- it may have a split case or be leaking and there may be more than one to replace-as nigel said replacements need to be 105 degree hi temp types and be the correct voltage rating as well...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back