Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sony double tape recorder problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeevan772006

hi electronics lover
iam also one of you who love electronics.
friends i have one problem about a tape.so i want you to give me your solution of this problem.

I have a sony dual tape recorder system.my that tape is not working.not even a radio or fm.

I have first suspect the audio ic but that was ok.audio click on that was ok. so now the problem is on the system ic ba3243s.which do all work of controling.so pls give me your suggestion what should i do.i need your reply as soon as possible.

Hi Jeevan.

First check your power supply and see that power gets into the radio.
check fuses if they are there.
Be carefull with the mains side of the transformer 220 / 230 Volts.
Secondary is probably around 6 to 12 Volts ac.
Then check the bridge rectifier and elco and you have dc on your supply rail.
Check the switches and work your way step by step through the recorder.
If the amplifier works you should be able to get some hum or scratching sound while operating the tape/radio switch, check the potentio meters for volume etc.
Check the little microswitches which drive the tape motor.
Check for loose connections, discoloured parts and possible smell of something burned out etc.
If it was a battery/mains tapedeck, maybe leakage from old batteries has corroded some terminations inside.

I hope some of these steps may help you on your way a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back