Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony CD Player Aux Input Hack / Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstorbit84

Hi guys, I'm new to these forums, but not that new to electronics modding.

So, my wife's car CD player has been on the fritz for some time now, and I just picked up a cheap replacement Sony CDX-L600X off of Craigslist for $5 cause it didn't have the wiring harness and I really couldn't test it before I bought it.

Once I got it home, I bench tested it and it seemed to work, except that there was a CD stuck inside. I opened her up to get the CD out, and now everything seems to work fine...

However, my wife prefers to listen to her iPod rather than regular CDs, and this unit has no Aux input.... When I pulled the CD drive to get the CD out, I saw that the circuit board on the bottom of the CD drive, which connects the CD drive to the main board, is clearly labeled:
**broken link removed**

You can see there that the box on the lower left side of the connector corresponds to the pins. The first four are: AU 5V, AU LCH, AU GND, and AU RCH.... I'm assuming that these mean Audio 5v, Left Channel, Audio Ground, and Audio Right Channel....

I'm not sure what the the 5V would be for in an audio signal, but I'm thinking that I could potentially just wire up a stereo mini-jack connector to the AU LCH, AU RCH, and AU GND connections, and then create a CD that just has one long track of silence and run it on repeat to make the CD player activate those channels...

Any other thoughts on what connectors I might be able to use to "trick" the CD player into thinking that a CD is playing when I really just want an Aux source to play??

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back