Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony Bravia KLV-32T400A negative picture now almost white problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikelectro

hi, everyone.. in my home we have a KLV-32T400A TV... one month ago the picture showed some negative and white effect... i have search the NEt to find out what is problem of it... according to net it has the problem of TCON board.... here are some picture of the TCON board and the display of the LCD... i have done some cold check, but still not able to find out anything.... DSC04987.JPG
DSC04991.JPGDSC04984.JPG

i am currently working on it.... any one who want to or can help me please post of view...... thank you..

That's NOT the TCON board (it's the main board), the TCON board is part of the LCD and comes as part of it.

If you look at your picture labelled 'closer view' there's a thick black multicore cable going up at the top left, that goes to the TCON board.

It's almost always under a screening can, and it's possible that there 'may' be a small SM fuse that's failed on there.

thanks for the reply and certainly i'm little confused (you have made your comment and i'm sure that that was not tocn board) about the TCON board.

i'll look at that, may be i have to remove the metal cover to open the TCon board!!!?????

you need to check the video signal out,if you dont know what your doing forget it get it to a service engineer.

That's not at all a helpful comment on an LCD TV I'm afraid.

The OP is quite right it could well be a fault on the TCON board, and often a blown SM fuse.

To the OP - the screening can is easily removed by a number of small pozidrive screws - you may need a jewellers screwdriver if you don;t have one small enough.

Thanks again NG for giving me some boost up..... i'll try my best to get that thing running good again..... i'll touch that LCD coming holiday and that is sunday(25th aug). if i'm able to find something within sunday i'll let you know.... please keep in touch....:):)

just giving the chap the benefit of my experience on sony bravo lcd sets.I doubt if it is the TCON board...could be though.unless the fault is found logically he could end up spending a fortune.best of luck ikelectro let us know the fault.

just giving the chap the benefit of my experience on sony bravo lcd sets.I doubt if it is the TCON board...could be though.unless the fault is found logically he could end up spending a fortune.

Sorry, but you don't appear to have any 'experience' on Sony (or other) LCD sets, the fault he showed is a typical failure of a TCON board, and very often a SM fuse (sometimes they fail for no reason, sometimes it's a S/C on the TCON).

I'm a Sony service agent, and repair Sony LCD sets every day.

Im sure your a top engineer good for you.I was probobly repairing sony sets before you were born...still have a nice day and cheer up a bit.

Im sure your a top engineer good for you.I was probobly repairing sony sets before you were born...still have a nice day and cheer up a bit.

Assuming that's true perhaps you should stick to the TRF 405 line sets you were repairing before I was born :D

Although as Sony didn't make sets before I was born, and didn't sell TV's in the UK before I was repairing them, that's pretty unlikely.

So if you're experienced in repairing Sony LCD's why did you offer such completely wrong and misleading advice?.

checking a video signal is misleading information? really you surprise me.I would suggest that telling someone,who doesnt even know where the TCON board is,to check sm componants isnt much better, but it doesnt matter we all mean well...have a good day ...and for god sake cheer up a bit.

Hi, NG.
after a long time i have been able to see my TV for 20 mins! what i have found is that a IC named (no.) as AS15-GH is heated up very quickly after turning on the TV....
DSC04999.JPG
DSC05000.JPG

is that mean the IC, I have to change or have to look further.... need your guide......

Hi, NG.
after a long time i have been able to see my TV for 20 mins! what i have found is that a IC named (no.) as AS15-GH is heated up very quickly after turning on the TV....
View attachment 75808
View attachment 75809

is that mean the IC, I have to change or have to look further.... need your guide......

Worth a try, if you can source the chip - the TCON board is part of the LCD, so assuming you could find it listed anywhere (and it's NOT a programmable device) it's likely to be in China.

so you think that If i'm able to change the IC, I can solve the problem?????

so you think that If i'm able to change the IC, I can solve the problem?????

I've no idea, you would need to compare the rise in heat of the chip with a similar working set to see if it's abnormal or not. But if you had a working set you could swap the T-CON board over to make sure it cured it.

Do you have a source for the chip?.

did u ever sort this problem,,, i have the same issue. did you replace the tcon board or just the chip?
;)

I didn't find the chip in our locality, so i called the serviceman from sony and they change the tcon board!!!!!:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back