Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

something to replace a ACS108-6s that i can get from maplin

Status
Not open for further replies.

manners

hey guys

im a complete newbee to electronics but do know how to solder etc i have done a few xbox 360 mods etc so small isnt really a problem

i have a whirlpool washing machine that has a burnt out acs108-6s triac, im desperate to fix this as i have been without a washing machine now for 4 weeks thanks to british gas homecare

as you can imagine with 3 kids this isnt easy at all. my problem is i really dont know what i can replace this with. im really hoping there is something at maplin that will work as they are local and i can go collect today

any help is greatly appreciated

many thanks
Manners

Last edited:
I've had one of those go on mine before I skipped it, the cables that run down the front of the machine had chafed and shorted on the chassis, check this on yours before you power it up again.
Replace the triac with the same device, sometimes you can use an equiv but you really need to understand the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back