Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

something on afrotechmods that actually works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashersmasher

i'm charging some 9 volt batteries right now and it works great! i'm using a pc power supply instead of what looks like more batteries though and i've charged a durocell 9v from .02vdc to 6v in under 2 hours so i'm going to leave it for another few hours and see how it goes. so far it's promising! i'm going to give a battery pack of 8 aa's a shot later too.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
0.02VDC to 0.6VDC? wow that is a slow charger.

I looked at the site and saw the crystal oscillator jammer. The FCC would be all over him like white on rice :p

I looked at the site and saw the crystal oscillator jammer. The FCC would be all over him like white on rice :p
I don't think the guy is too worried about being illegal:
Battery clip - "Free" from radio shack when the employees are distracted, or if you can't afford to steal, just wrap wires around the battery terminals.
One improvement to the circuit would be to replace the two diodes with a red LED and change R2 to 18Ω (Assuming a LED Vf of 2V). This way the LED will light when the battery is connected and extinguish when it is not.

I think the guy just likes to makes his articles a little funny which I think they are.
Sorta of a nerds revenge :)

I read some of the other articles. They are pretty funny and I might just try the Ink Cartridge fix one day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back