Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Something got lost in the translation process!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTech

**broken link removed**

Looking at other project links on that page reveals more funny wording.

I'm edumacated. With my toothless grin.

Hey, wait a minute what errors are you talking about? I understanded every woid.:D

kv

some guys practicing their english by writing articles. It's very common here, and also perturbing when I have to point out their mistakes. The civil dept students here printed this on their shirts, worn by nearly all of 'em: The common mistake when designing a completely foolproof structures is to underestimate the ingenuity of completely fools ..... what the frickin' tick was that? completely fools... and there it is, printed on shirts for everyone to see.

haha reminds me of "engrish.com" funny website indeed, if you haven't been there yet, trust me, you at least get some mild lolling.

Electronics-Lab is online where many of the projects are machine-translated from Greek to horrible Engrish.

some guys practicing their english by writing articles. It's very common here, and also perturbing when I have to point out their mistakes. The civil dept students here printed this on their shirts, worn by nearly all of 'em: The common mistake when designing a completely foolproof structures is to underestimate the ingenuity of completely fools ..... what the frickin' tick was that? completely fools... and there it is, printed on shirts for everyone to see.

I hope you have a problem with more than the completely fools part! :rolleyes:

As I would see it to be more grammatically correct for my part of the world I think it should read as this.

'The common mistake when designing completely foolproof structures is in underestimating the ingenuity of complete fools'.

But thats just how us northern plains folk would likely say it. :)

I just wrote it off my memory and made the mistake there in the designing a completely foolproof structures (YUCK!!)... but yes, it's only that complete-ly fools part which really irks me.

Last edited:
Electronics-Lab is online where many of the projects are machine-translated from Greek to horrible Engrish.
I think a good number of their circuits are untested as well... making for a waste of time, effort, and material. Anymore these days, one needs to analyze the circuit before proceeding with construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back