Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some questions cannot be answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

If I am to be completely honest with you, there are some questions that cannot be answered or even commented by me, either because they are too general, or they can only be answered by the poster!

For example,

There was a poster in the last hour that made the same duplicate post, and he also PM'd me because he expects us to come up with a title for his project, and since I was the one that provided the most help, he PM's me and requires even further help. and not once did he give a title.

He also wanted the function of whatever he was doing, as well as sources.

So if a poster wants an answer from me, the question has to be real and preferably, the poster must have tried something to reach the problem.

Here is what I consider a poor question that just can't be answered:

I am in 8th semester and I need a project done by tomorrow. I need to know:

What is the title?
how does it work?
what does it do?
what websites can I use for references to this project?

Why? because that kind of question requires us to do homework, and it cannot be answered unless we do the project.

Now here is a good question:

I tried making a counter and it doesn't work. I have made this circuit...

(circuit)

what could be wrong?

It is good because the poster has tried to create something that he needs help on.

Here is another bad question:

Where can I find a circuit for ______?

Why? because it is like another homework question.

I hope all of the new guys know where I am coming from on this.

mstechca said:
I am in 8th semester and I need a project done by tomorrow. I need to know:

What is the title?
how does it work?
what does it do?
what websites can I use for references to this project?

I love, I mean I hate this :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back