Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

some queries about MCU simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi PG... The 06 is in R0 bank 2... There is four banks.... The 0x06 is the return address of the delay call.

To view the banks, there are two page select bits (similar to the pics) called RS1 and RS0 in the PSW.. These Register Select bits determine which register bank you're in The are red (off ) green (on).

Not sure about the memory, I use the 89C52 and it has 256 bytes of ram

Hi PG... The 06 is in R0 bank 2... There is four banks.... The 0x06 is the return address of the delay call.

To view the banks, there are two page select bits (similar to the pics) called RS1 and RS0 in the PSW.. These Register Select bits determine which register bank you're in The are red (off ) green (on).

Not sure about the memory, I use the 89C52 and it has 256 bytes of ram

Hi Rogers

Thanks a lot for the help.

Isn't it in R0 in Bank 1 instead of Bank 2 (at least the diagram in my book shows this like this for 8051)? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards
PG

I don't think all variants have the ghost registers R0 - R7 in bank two three and four. So what you are seeing is the stack, I've read through the datasheet and the stack starts at location 8 on this chip

Hi again

The book doesn't seem to agree with you! :) It doesn't matter if it's bank 2 or whatever because at least now I understand what it is and thank you for telling me this.

Regards
PG

Hi again

The book doesn't seem to agree with you! :) It doesn't matter if it's bank 2 or whatever because at least now I understand what it is and thank you for telling me this.

Regards
PG
Sorry about that... But the point was there is 4 register banks and the second bank( bank1) is the start of the stack. I was calling the first bank.. bank1 instead of 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back