Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

some problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk37

can i know how to light up a floresent tube 8watts using a dc 12v battery? do i need a convertor?

sk37 said:
can i know how to light up a floresent tube 8watts using a dc 12v battery? do i need a convertor?

Yes, it's actually an 'inverter', it generates a high voltage from the 12V supply. But you can buy fittings quite cheaply with 12V inverters already inside, it's hardly worth making your own - but if you search on google you will find lots of examples.

You might like to look here http://www.discovercircuits.com/F/fluor-lamp.htm for some suitable ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back